Friday, October 6, 2006

English or 中 文?

I always have a confusion - to post blogs in English or Chinese?

My darling is English educated, can't read much Chinese. I am Chinese educated and therefore express myself better in Chinese and thus like to express myself using Mandarin. Worry that if I post the blog in Chinese, when he come to the blog, he would not understand a thing that I have written. Even though he can speak good Mandarin nowadays (compare to can't speak that well those day), he still have problem reading it.

For kids, I will insist to send them for Chinese education in their primary school. I always think that Chinese is a beautiful language that we should continue to pass it down to our future generation.

Will you be proud if you are a 香 蕉 人 (banana man)? Still remember in university, some Indian friends tell 'proudly' that they can only speak English and can't speak or understand Tamil. To me, we should have our own identity rather that owning others' identity.

2 comments:

佩仪pueyyee said...

Well, Kids actually can master two or more languages at the same time. Then, come to this Mother tongue problem parents have to decide properly. I totally agreed with you, kids should learn their own identity.

Cutie pie said...

Thanks for agreeing with me, Yee :)